Many of my Facebook friends are still participating in the November 30 days of gratitude project. As was mentioned in last Tuesday’s post, I missed the memo about when to start, and played catch up by listing 10 things for which I was thankful. This Tuesday, because I seem to have trouble remembering to post one thing per day, I’m back with ten more reasons (in no particular order) to be grateful.
- My twenty-five year career as a teacher provided our family a good livelihood and was perfect preparation to be a writer and speaker.
- Being an uncoordinated kid because it gave me compassion for students who hated recess.
- Our warm house, preferably mouse-free, but even with unexpected company, it’s a great home for over twenty years.
- My son’s early medical adventures and my father’s illness taught me to never take good health for granted.
- Being raised in Iowa and raising our kids in Iowa.
- Attending a church where the pastor preaches truth and makes in interesting.
- A loving church family.
- A mom who taught me to cook and to love cooking.
- Being able to spend most Tuesday’s with Mom, though this week she’s visiting my sister in Minnesota.
- Siblings who do all they can to make Mom comfortable and happy.
So what are you thankful for this Tuesday before Thanksgiving? Leave a comment…or two…or ten!