- I’m reading Richard Russo’s Everybody’s Fool and loving it. What’s not to love to hate about Sully, the down-and-out character first introduced in Nobody’s Fool?
- Sesame Street wouldn’t be the same without Bob, Gordon, and Luis. Thanks to the powers that be for redacting the decision to mess with perfection.
- Peach season is here and presidential convention season is over. I’m not sure which one makes me happier. You?
- Baby bunnies in the flowerbed, a flock of twitterpated goldfinches in a grassy ditch, and broken robin egg shells on the road. Spring has sprung!
- After serving on the steering committee for an upcoming weekend camp, I have realized that event planning is not my calling.
- The HBO adaptation of Richard Russo’s Empire Falls is wonderful in so many ways. A favorite book by a favorite author who wrote the screenplay. Perfect casting of so many top tier actors, including Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. Newman, in his final film role, nails his part. And his blue eyes still shine.