Being a spring kind of girl, I am always surprised by people who say fall is their favorite season. But with summer turning to autumn, I’m focusing on what’s good about this new season. It didn’t take long to come up with this top ten list:
10. Longer nights mean my morning walk begins by moon and starlight. Beautiful!
9. Acorn squash, Hiram’s favorite side dish, is in season. Menu planning is easy this time of year.
8. Earlier sunsets make it perfectly acceptable to put on jammies after supper and curl up in bed with a good book.
7. Early fall=perfect sleeping weather
6. The does and summer fawns are less skittish and easier to photograph.
5. Apple season is here!
4. Deal’s apple cider is in the grocery store.
3. The dry, spicy scent of fall leaves and crops drying in the fields.
2. This time of year feels like the world’s being tucked into bed for a good night’s sleep.
1. Our grandson’s birthday and the opportunity to celebrate his young life.
What do you like about fall? Leave a comment.