My, it’s good to be home puttering around the kitchen. So how come this week’s top ten lists what I consider to be the worst kitchen chores ever.
10. Organizing and cleaning cupboards. Life is just too short for this.
9. Defrosting the freezer. Any kitchen chore that involves wearing winter gloves deserves to be on the list.
8. Cleaning the floor of the cupboard under the sink. This is where our garbage can lives, which could have some bearing on the “ugh” factor associated with this chore.
7. Fishing foreign objects out of the garbage disposal. Even if I’m the only person in the kitchen and even though the ol switch is out of reach, the disposal could grind spontaneously.
6. Cleaning the oven. This task is so hated, I’ve only done it once. Ever.
5. Checking mousetraps.
4. Finding a mouse in the mousetrap.
3. Scrubbing dried egg and/or dried rice off anything. Elmer’s glue has nothing on this stuff.
2. Pitting cherries. Only the prospect of cherry pie keeps this incredibly boring and tedious task out of the number 1 spot.
1. Deboning chicken breasts. Poor coordination means deboning a thumb or finger is only a knife swipe away.
What’s missing from your top ten list? Leave a comment.