Several of our friends are sending their oldest fledglings to college. When their stomachs aren’t flip-flopping with concern as their little chicks spread their wings, they’re worrying about how they’ll handle the empty nest once all their kids are gone. To ease their anxiety, here are the top ten empty nest positives we enjoy.
10. We now have plenty of room when company, like our kids, come to visit.
9. If one of us forgets to shut the bedroom door while the other is dressing, it’s no big deal.
8. Eating out doesn’t cost as much. Neither do groceries…except when company, like our kids, come to visit.
7. We can watch whatever movies we want without wondering if they’re appropriate for kids.
6. We have more travel destinations. For instance, going to visit our kids.
5. We can watch TV before finishing our chores.
4. Ditto for eating popcorn.
3. We can take off whenever we want and go wherever we want. Like going to see our kids.
2. We can concentrate on tasks that require much thought – like writing or building guitars – for hours at a time.
1. Some days, we go ahead and eat dessert first. Especially when our kids come to visit.
Those are the top ten positives we enjoy at this empty nest. What would you add to the list? Take away? Eat for dessert first? Leave a comment!