What comes after an early spring and a summer of drought? An early fall, of course. My morning walks have been full of signs that autumn is right around the corner, and here are the top ten in my book.
10. The begonias on the north side of the garage are lush and full.
9. The leaves of the burning bush outside the kitchen are tinged with red.
8. Sunrise comes later each morning and sunset comes earlier.
7. The sumac is starting to turn.
6. We’re planning menus for the Labor Day Extraveganza.
5. The goldenrod’s got the Man of Steel sneezing.
4. Rain doesn’t make the pond scum disappear.
3. The spots are fading on this summer’s fawns.
2. The parks department drained the swimming pool.
1. The trees,
What signs of fall are appearing where you live?