Yesterday, Hiram and I celebrated our 35th anniversary with a second post-op visit to the surgeon’s office and then lunch out afterwards. Maybe that doesn’t sound like much by today’s mega-party standards, but we enjoyed our celebration thoroughly. Here are the top ten reasons why:
10. We could have gone dancing if we’d felt so inclined ’cause we can both still dance.
9. The doctor said Hiram can go back to work, so yesterday was his last day of being footloose and fancy free.
8. Sometimes, when we tell people we’ve been married 35 years, they say we don’t look old enough.
7. Middle-aged lovers aren’t as gorgeous as young lovers, but they’re less angst-ridden and require less energy to be around.
6. The outpouring of God’s grace that enabled us to stay married 35 years shouts, “PARTYTIME!”
5. We still like being together.
4. Baby Milo or Shiloh Philo*
3. Anne and Kailen*
2. Allen and Abbey*
1. Our marriage has lasted 35 loving, stressful, challenging, adventurous years.
*The order of items 2 – 4 is interchangeable.
What is being celebrated at your house in July? Why is your celebration worth having? Leave a comment!