Hiram’s surgery was at 7:30 this morning, but he had to be at the hospital at 6:00. With our early arrival, I quickly discovered 10 good reasons to avoid the hospital at such an early hour. Here goes!
10. The parking valets look like they’re either about to fall asleep from boredom or like they just woke up. In either case, should they be driving other people’s cars?
9. One trades a stunning sunrise for the glare of florescent lights. What a way to greet the dawn!
8. Television programming isn’t good enough to distract a patient worried about going under the knife in a few minutes.
7. Laymen can’t be sure if the docs and nurses are wearing scrubs or PJs.
6. Most people aren’t yet on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest, so it’s hard to find virtual thumbs up encouragement.
5. I’m not yet at my best for extreme hospital sports like hallway wheelchair races and the scalpel toss.
4. Walking the hospital hallways for exercise on a gorgeous June morning just doesn’t cut it.
3. The snack bar isn’t open yet.
2. Worse yet, the coffee shop (and it’s a good one) isn’t open yet either.
1. Who wants to be anywhere at 6:00 in the morning, especially in a hospital?
Now it’s your turn. Why do you avoid hospitals at 6:00 AM?