Last Friday’s Debbie Downer top ten list was a rousing success. I’m not sure whether the response is an indication of the popularity of top ten lists or proof that every party needs a pooper. In an attempt to determine the real reason, Tuesday posts will be dedicated to top ten lists for the foreseeable future.
Today’s list tackles the top ten reasons to make bean soup before March ends.
10. March is the last, honest-to-goodness soup weather month.
9. Do you really want that half bag of beans cluttering the pantry all summer?
8. Ditto for the ham shank in the freezer.
7. Bean soup is cheap and healthy.
6. It’s one of those foods that tastes better as leftovers.
5. With St. Patty’s Day over and Easter in April, what else is there to do in March?
4. It’s an easy crock pot meal.
3. Bean soup in the crock pot makes the house smell delicious all day long.
2. Every kid needs to learn the lyrics to Beans, Beans the Musical Fruit at a young age.
1. Making music as a family is a wonderful, bonding experience.
Did you think of a reason I left out? Then add it in the comment box, toot sweet!